Step Wise Solution How to Setup/ Configure outlook smtp settings
You need to the following three information before you start to set up your Outlook SMTP settings. They are:
- Your Domain Name: xyz.com
- Email Address :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Email password :
- Alternate Port Number 25 (Without TLS/SSL)
- Sending limits : 300 emails a day or 100 recipients a day
Let’s set up outlook SMTP Settings.
- Open the Outlook
- Go to Tools>> Accounts
- Select the mail account you want to setup as SMTP Outgoing Server
- Outgoing Server Address : mail.live.com
- Smtp server name : smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Port Number : 587
- Click the check boxes of :‘Override default port’ and ‘Use SSL to Connect’ and then OK
- Close Accounts window.
- Now compose a new email and try sending to yourself or to a known person.
How do I change my SMTP settings in Outlook
In order to change my SMTP settings in Outlook, you need the following the steps:
- Open Outlook
- Click on the Tools Menu
- Choose Account Settings or Email Accounts
- The email Accounts that are configured will be displayed
- Select the Email Account that needs to be changed
- Click Change
- This will open up the new email account settings.
- In the field ‘Outgoing mail setting (SMTP)’ , enter the server name to be changed.
- Click on the ‘More Settings’
- Change the details which you want to change.
- Click ok
- Click Next to test and save the changes.
- If Green tick appears, then the changes done are working well Else, the changes done are not working properly
- Click close on the Test Account Settings Window and then Finish.
- Restart Outlook.