Snapchat is a multimedia messaging app and is a quick way to interact with friend. The pictures shared via Snapchat vanish after 24 hours. It has millions of users on iOS and Android but it is not available for Mac users officially. You can use Snapchat on Mac with the help of emulators. Bluestacks is one of the most popular Android emulators.
First of all, make sure that your Mac allows the installation, follow the steps below:
- On your Mac, go to system preferences.
- Click on “Security & Privacy”.
- Select the “General” option.
- Check off the “Allow apps downloaded from:” both the App Store and identified developers.
- Now you will be able to download and install the Android emulator.
Now, install Bluestacks emulator on your Mac.it re-creates an Android on Mac or computer. Download the installer from Bluestacks website and follow the on -screen instructions to install the app. You can download it free of cost and is easy to use. once the installation is completed, open the program and set up your Android device.
You need to set up an Android device on your Mac to use Bluestacks. Sign in to your Google account to complete this process. Link your Google account to the Bluestacks application and account.
Finally, it is turn to install Snapchat. Click on the search icon and look for Snapchat app on the Play Store which is the Android equivalent of Apple’s App store. Download and install Snapchat, open it and sign into your account. If you don’t have any Snapchat account, set on up from the Blusestacks emulator. Once the Snapchat app has been set up, you can use it in the usual manner.
Steps to Download and Sign up
Download the Snapchat app and sign up using following steps:
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Click the “Sign up” button.
- Enable requested permissions.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Search for a username that has not been taken.
- Create a password for your Snapchat account. Make a strong password.
- Enter your email address.
- Give your phone number which is currently in use.
- Now wait till the verification comes through a text message.
- Enter the verification number in the required field.
- Now you have successfully created a Snapchat account.
How to view Snap in your Snapchat account?
To view a Snap in Snapchat, follow these steps:
- Launch the Snapchat app.
- Swipe from left end to right end to enter the Friend’s page from the home screen.
- You will find new snaps and chat messages here.
- You will find two kind of snaps-red and purple. Red snaps are without any audio and purple ones will have an audio.
- Tap on a Snap to view it.
- You can view it once more by double clicking on the Snap. This is your last chance to view it after which the snap will be gone.
Remember, when you log into Snapchat using Bluestacks, you will be logged out of Snapchat from other devices. Using Bluestacks, you can easily use Snapchat on Mac.