By tagging someone on Facebook, you are able to notify your friends that you have added or updated something on your Facebook account. A user can tag a single photo and even entire album. By tagging, you are able to identify a person in photos, comments or status updates on a Facebook account. When you tag someone on Facebook comment, photo or video, Facebook will send a notification to that person. By that notification, the tagged person comes to know that he has been tagged by you.
You have option to tag up to fifty people in a single photo and up to ten people in a single comment. The user can use privacy options for tagged photos and also control who can see and who cannot see the tagged photos. The tagged people can remove tags of themselves if they want to keep their privacy.
How to tag someone on Facebook comment?
Other then photos and videos, you can also tag people in comments. If you want to tag someone on Facebook comment, just type “@” character and then type the friend’s name. a drop-down menu will appear with a list of friends whose names match the letters you have entered. Scroll down to the list and look for the friend’s name you want to tag. Click on the name of the friend you want to tag. See the post now, your friend is successfully tagged in that post.
Tagging a group on Facebook
Follow these steps, when you want to tag an entire group on Facebook:
- Log in to your Facebook account using your email address and password.
- Go to your wall or a friend’s wall where you want to tag the friend.
- Now, type the ‘@’ symbol and start typing a friend’s name whom you want to tag. When you type first few letters, you will get a list of matching names from your friend list. Click on the name from that list you want to tag. The name will be selected now.
- Name of the tagged person will be high-lighted in blue color now.
- If you want to tag more friends, repeat the above procedure for each one of them. Don’t forget to separate each name with comma.
- Once you have selected or tagged all the names in the group, click on share button at the lower right side of the comment box.
- The names of tagged people will appear in the location designated by you.