How to stop Spotify from opening on start-up
Spotify is a media service provider where you can play millions of songs and podcasts for free. For windows users it offers a desktop app also. Sometimes users face issues with the Spotify app like the app keeps starting itself each time whenever Windows start-up. Many apps now a days are coming with a feature that they will start at the start of windows. But when Spotify app starts at the start-up without any such setting, it is a matter of concern. In this article we will discuss about how to stop Spotify from opening on start-up.
Reasons why Spotify app opens at start-up
There are many reasons why Spotify opens on Start-up. Some of the common reasons are list below.
- First, Spotify app settings are turn on by default. When app settings are on, Spotify app opens on start up. To solve the issue, turn the auto-start option off. This will take time as the option is well hidden and it is difficult to find it for a non-technical person.
- Updating Windows is also another cause of this issue. It happens due to a feature in the Windows that reopens the applications which were open on the last shut down.
- Disable auto-start for Spotify app. Use the steps below:
- Firstly, open the Spotify app.
- Then, go to the downloads arrow beside your picture and select or just hold the Ctrl key and press P to open the settings.
- Click on Advanced settings.
- Select no for the option “Open Spotify automatically when you log into the computer”.
- Now check if the problem is solved or not.
Disable Spotify auto-start via task manager using the steps below:
- Press and hold Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys simultaneously to open the task manager.
- Then, click on Start-up and locate the Spotify app from the list. Select it.
- Disable it to stop the auto-start of Spotify app.
- Disable the option of allow Spotify to be opened from the web.
- First, open the Spotify app.
- Then, go to the downwards arrow beside your picture and select or just hold the Ctrl key and press P to open the settings.
- After that, go to advanced settings.
- Turn off the Allow Spotify to be open from the web as it is turned off by default.
- Now finally, check if the issue is resolve or not.
- Rename the Spotify app exe file. Follow the steps given below.
- From your Desktop right click the Spotify icon and select delete.
- Press and hold Ctrl, Shift and Esc key simultaneously to open the task manager.
- Click on Processes. You will find that the spotify.exe process is running in the list.
- Right click on spotify.exe process and go to open file location.
- Close the Spotify app.
- Now from the file explorer, right click the spotify.exe and select Rename. While renaming add an extra 1 to the name and hit Enter. Now the name is spotify1.exe
- Right click on spotifylauncher.exe from the file explorer and go to Rename. Here also add an extra 1 to the name and enter. Now the new name is spotifylauncher1.exe.
Above methods are simple and will solve your issue.
Read more blog: How to Enable Google Two Step verification