Google’s Chrome browser is compatible with almost every website as it is updated regularly. Facebook, one of the most popular social media-platform among users and could be used in mobile phones and every browser. Many times, the users face the issue of Facebook not loading on Chrome.
Problems that Facebook face in Chrome
While running Facebook on Chrome, you may face many issues like:
- Facebook not loading issue.
- Videos not loading on Facebook.
- Facebook login error or sign in issue.
- Facebook not working on Chrome problem.
- Freezing or slow Facebook issue.
- Facebook videos not playing.
Methods to solve the issue of Facebook not loading on Chrome.
Open Facebook in Chrome’s incognito mode
- Press Ctrl+Shift+N (in Windows). Command +Shift+N (in Apple).
- This will open an incognito window.
- Give your login information.
- If you are able to log in easily, then the problem is in plug-in or Chrome’s cache.
If you have added any plug-ins to the Chrome, disable them using below steps:
- Go to the right of the URL bar. Look for any plug-in icon.
- At the right, you will find a wrench. Click on it.
- Click on tools and then on Extensions.
- Now you will be able to see the extensions and plug-ins.
- Disable the extensions and start Facebook in Chrome.
- If it is working properly now, disable the extensions on by one to point out which extension was creating problem.
- Once you identify the problematic plug in, disable it.
Clear the cache data
Go to menu and click on options. From under the hood, click on Clear browsing data.
Close and reopen Chrome
Close all tabs in Chrome. Again, launch Chrome browser and try to log in to Facebook. This will solve the issue.
Update Chrome browser
It is possible that your current version of Chrome is corrupted or outdated. Look online, for the newer version of Google Chrome, update your browser to the latest one. Many times, the browser gets updated automatically.
Login as a guest user
Log in to the Chrome as a guest user. See if the issue persists there also.
Reset Chrome settings to default
Browser settings in Chrome can be restored any time you want. This will be helpful when apps or extensions installed by you have changed your settings.
- Open Chrome.
- Click three dotted icon and go to settings.
- Click on Advanced at the bottom.
- Go to reset settings.
- For Chromebook, Linux and Mac users- go to reset settings and click on “Restore settings to their original defaults”. Click on Reset settings.
WINDOWS: under Reset and clean up, click on Reset settings. Again, click on Reset settings.
Check your internet connection
Check your internet connection, it should be fast and proper. If you are using Wi-Fi, keep your device4 within the range of the router. Connect another device with the same network.
Check for disabled images
Make sure that the images are not disabled in your web browser. If they are disabled, you will not be able to see images on Facebook. Go to your computer’s documentation and check which options you can tweak to disable the option.