You have forgotten your snapchat password or simply want to change it for security reasons, then the process is very simple. You can recover snapchat password in some easy steps. There may be many reasons due to which you are not able to recall your snapchat password, some of them are discussed below:
- When you are using a new device to sign in to your account.
- You are using Snapchat.com from a web browser to sign in to your account.
- You have reinstalled the Snapchat app after deleting it.
- Having multiple Snapchat accounts may also cause this issue.
- You have shared your device with other Snapchat users.
- You might have made one or multiple typos while typing your password.
- Passwords are case sensitive. Maybe you have used capital letter at inappropriate place.
- You have changed your password but typed the previous one instead new one.
- Somebody else has changed your password and you don’t have any idea about it.
Steps to recover Snapchat password
Follow these steps to recover Snapchat password:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your device.
- Click on Log in. Enter your Snapchat details like username or password in the first field.
- Click on “Forgot your password”? below the username and password.
- Now Snapchat will provide you the option to reset your password either by phone or by email message. If you have opted phone option then you will get a call or an automated message.
- If you have decided to go for phone option, then click “via Phone”. Provide your phone number when asked.
- Select “Send via SMS” or “Call me instead” to get a verification code. Be prepared to note down the code quickly.
- After getting the text or call with the code, type it in the required field. Tap on Continue button.
- Once it is confirmed that you have entered the code correctly, then you will be asked to create a new password. Re- enter the password to confirm it. Make sure to create a strong password.
- Click on “Change password” after completing.
- If you have opted email for password recovery, then enter the email address in the field provided in which you want to receive code.
- Click on submit button.
- You will get an email instantly from Snapchat team. The subject line of the email will be “Snapchat Password Reset”. If you are not able to see it, then wait for few minutes or search for it in Spam folder.
- There will be a link in the email message, click on it to open the password reset page in the web browser.
- Now create a new password and re-enter it to confirm.
- Tap on “Change password”.
What to do if you are unable to reset your Snapchat password?
If you are unable to reset your snapchat password, then there may be various reasons for that. Some of which are discussed below:
- You are providing an email that is not associated with your Snapchat account.
- You are not able to access the email account or mobile device associated with your Snapchat account.
- You don’t know or remember the email address or phone number associated with your Snapchat account.