How to fix Spotify error code 4? +1(866) 379-1999.
Spotify users often encounter error code 4. The error is mainly due to improper internet connection but sometimes issue occurs even when the internet connection is fine. If you are also facing Spotify error code 4, use the following tricks:
Change DNS server to fix Spotify error code 4
Many times, Spotify error code 4 is caused by DNS server problem. Use the below method to change DNS server on Windows and Mac
- First, right click on network icon and choose Open network and sharing centre.
- Then, click the primary network connection.
- After that, go to properties and double click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”. If you are using IPv6 then choose “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv6)”.
- Tick the option “Use the following DNS server addresses” and give the address.
- Finally, click OK to apply changes.
- Go to “System Preferences” and click on Network.
- From the network settings go to Advanced and then DNS.
- In the DNS server, click + button and replace any listed addresses with, or add, the Google IP addresses from the top of the list.
- Click on OK to confirm and reboot Spotify app.
Change Firewall settings to fix Spotify error code 4
- First of all, go to “Windows defender security centre”.
- Then, click on “Firewall & Network protection” followed by “Allow an App or feature through Windows Firewall”.
- Now click on “Change settings” and look for “spotify.exe”. Mark the checkbox and if you are not able to find the Spotify app click on “Allow other apps” to find it from “C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Roaming\Spotify folder”. Now add it to the Firewall exception list.
- Finally, click on “OK”/”Apply” to save changes.
- Go to System Preferences and click on “security & privacy”.
- Select Firewall option and click on the lock icon. Enter your password to unlock.
- Go to Advanced and then + button. An Applications folder will open, select Spotify app from here. Click Add button.
- Click OK.
Allow Spotify in Antivirus Software Exception list
If you are using NOD32 anti-virus program and face Spotify error code4, use the following steps to sort it out:
- First, open ESET smart security .
- Then, go to Advanced setup window. Click on Antivirus and antispyware>Exclusions>Add
- Now go to “C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Roaming\Spotify” and look for “Spotify.exe”.
- Finally, click OK to save changes.
Change Proxy settings to fix Spotify error code 4
- Firstlly, go to Spotify desktop client and click on Settings.
- Then, look for “Show advanced settings” and click on it.
- After that, go to proxy settings and select “Auto detect”.
- Choose “HTTP” from the list that appear and finally, click on “Update Proxy”.
Reinstall Spotify App
The last option is to uninstall and reinstall the Spotify App. But before doing this, make a backup copy of whole Spotify music library.
Simpally, try the above methods and check your issue is solved or not.