Snapchat is a multimedia messaging app with many fun features and filters. But what can you do if you want to deactivate Snapchat account? it is very simple to deactivate Snapchat account and takes only few minutes. When you deactivate your Snapchat account, your friends will not be able to contact you on Snapchat and after thirty days your Snapchat account is permanently deleted i.e. your account settings, snaps, photos, chats, stories, data and location data will be deleted from the main user database.
Why users deactivate Snapchat account?
- They no longer snap or chat with their Snapchat friends.
- They want to change their Snapchat username.
- The user may have too many friends, so they want a new starting instead of deleting the old friends.
- The user has any unpleasant experience or a long term digital detox and change in preferences.
Before deactivating your Snapchat account, make sure you download your entire data so you can use it in future also. The data will be about account info, login history, profile information etc. Here are the steps to download Snapchat data:
- Go to the Snapchat website from any browser.
- Enter your login details.
- Click on “My Data” after logging in.
- Now, to submit your request, click on “Submit Request”.
- Now Snapchat will provide you a link to download your data. Wait for some time the data will be sent to your inbox once it is ready.
How to deactivate Snapchat account?
You can deactivate Snapchat account through different ways. Let’s have a look at them.
Deactivate Snapchat through URL
- Go to the official portal of Snapchat https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/delte_account. click on the link or copy it and paste in on a browser.
- Enter your username and password in the required field. Click on Login.
- To verify that you are the original user of the account, they will send you a verification code to the phone number you have linked with your snapchat account. after getting the confirmation code, enter the code in the required field and hit Submit button.
- Another verification is to verify that you are not a Robot by entering the correct Captcha.
- Now re-enter your username and password to complete the account deactivation process. Click on “Continue” or “Delete my account”.
Deactivate Snapchat account from Snapchat Homepage
- Go to the homepage of Snapchat from snapchat.com.
- Scroll down to the bottom page and search for “Community”.
- Click on “support”.
- Go to the list under right hand options. Click on “My account & security”. Go to “account Information”.
- Select “Delete my account” option to terminate your account. follow the on-screen instructions then.
- If you have decided to proceed with the deactivation process, go to the Snapchat account’s portal.
- Enter your username and password to complete the deactivation process. Click on Continue.
- You will be asked for verification using a code or a captcha to delete your account. Follow the instructions properly.
Delete Snapchat account using Android phone
- Download and install the Snapchat app on your Android phone or iPhone.
- Enter your login details.
- Go to the gear icon and click on “help center” under the “Support” section.
- Click on “my account & security” and select “account information”.
- Go to the option “Delete my account”.
- Go to the account’s portal link and follow the above two methods to complete the task.
When you delete your Snapchat account permanently, your Snapchat friends will no longer be able to see your profile. Snapchat retains some personal data of the user for business, legal and security reasons.