How Do You Fix Windows’ ‘Network Path Was Not Found’ Error?
You usually see Network Path Was Not Found in your system when you are using windows 10. Such errors can be filter out with the solutions that are given in this blog. We sometimes get confuse when we see these kinds of error. Mostly, you get this error on your firewall or on your antivirus. For solving such errors follow instructions which are given in the blog:
Verify that the device is share
Before you make changes in any of the icons or settings in the device check whether the device is being share. For doing so follow the given below instruction:
- Select properties after right clicking on the software. On the top of the screen you can see an option of “sharing” you can check the status of network file is being share or not. If it is not share then click on, select share.
- Now choose the deliberate network user, so that you would be able to share the file. Now also select the permission level of the file
- If you click on apply and tap on ok you are complete with the process of verifying the device which is now share.
Ping IP address of the targeted computer
It may be possible when you network is not connected at the time when you share your file. You can check this by pinging the IP address to a targeted computer with your alternative computer. You can follow the steps:
- On your keyboard press window + R and a pop up will appear. In this type cmd and tap enter. Command prompt window is opened now.
- Now type the following command ipconfig/all and tap on the enter button.
- You would get a lot of coding information. On the screen between them, navigate IPv4 address.
- Now on your primary computer open same command prompt and type ping<IPv4 address of another computer> and tap on enter.
- You would get 4 confirmation replies after entering this IP address.
- Now you can check whether folder sharing is working or not.
Disable the antivirus and firewall temporarily
When sometimes you use antivirus at the time of sharing folder, it stops the process and blocks the functions. For getting rid of such problems you can temporarily disable the antivirus and windows defender firewall on your system.
Reinstall network adapter drivers
If you are using an old version of the network adapter drivers, then you can reinstall it by following these points:
- Continue click on win+R and you would get a message box with a blank field.
- Type devmgmt.msc and tap on enter.
- Now open device manager and expand it.
- If you right click on it, you would get an option of update driver.
- Click on it and restart it.
These were the steps and methods that shows you how do you fix windows network path was not found error.